Saturday, June 04, 2005

Eating Out

It's really been all about food in restaurants this weekend, which is nice since I've been trying to bring lunch to work from home and cook more. Eating out now feels like a reward instead of just an expensive necessity. Started the weekend early by eating out for all my meals on Friday. First, had Shan Dong for late lunch on Friday with V. and H., then crossed the street for a taro pearl drink, on V.'s recommendation. The milk was not too heavy or creamy, tasted very fresh. Yum. It was good to catch up with globe-trotting V., who recently witnessed some racial profiling/police harassment at a Giants' game.

Dinner that night was at Red Sea with M., whom I also hadn't seen in forever. It was a gorgeous day on Friday in Oakland, and the sun shining through the slats in the blinds at the restaurant made me feel like I was tanning while sipping my honey wine and eating stewed collard greens with injera. Double yum.

Today, H. and I had lunch with his mom and sister for said sister's birthday at Kamakura, which I haven't been to in ages. Decent sushi, not quite fresh enough for the prices they were charging. But I didn't have to pay for it, so that was nice. Stuffed myself silly with spicy tuna, oshinko, New York and Hollywood (tuna, avocado, cucumber and tobiko, I think) rolls. Triple yum.

Then for dinner tonite we had standard Chinese food at H.'s dad's favorite spot in Potrero Hill. Sorry, not gonna give up the restaurant name--gotta keep some places secret, eh?

I think tomorrow we'll take a break from restaurant food--maybe I'll make pancakes with fruit compote and maple syrup, scrambled eggs and turkey sausage for breakfast instead. Quadruple yum.

Happy eating,
Rona

No comments: