Thursday, September 15, 2005

Start Making Sense, Please!

Been in a funky, up and down mood lately. I'm sure Katrina has something to do with it, plus I'm feeling like I'm in a bit of a rut with my writing. I've been writing less and less, although still getting at least a few hours done a week, which is better than before VONA. I've got a lot of stuff going on in my life, and for some reason writing has not seemed or felt all that important lately.

Need to get a haircut. Need to get a manicure and a pedicure. Of course I don't really 'need' these things, but they are the kinds of things that help me feel better sometimes, and make me see that things aren't all so bad. Meditation does that for me too, and I've been meaning to go to a sangha night at one of the local Buddhist centers I frequent--is it coincidence that I got a 'thank you' call tonite from a Spirit Rock board member for my recent donation? I think not--but 'things' keep coming up. Tonite, I had originally planned to go to sangha, but there was M'a birthday dinner to attend (btw, I never realized how many Virgos I have in my life--I've helped celebrate 9 Virgo birthdays this year so far--sheesh!)

But I do need to get back on the cushion (meditation cushion, that is) and back in the saddle around my writing. They are both important forms of (life) practice for me, and I need them, perhaps more now than I have before. But it's a struggle to 'stay awake', I think, to be present to the nuances of life's ups and downs, the joyful times and the mournful times. The Katrina crisis has spurred me to stay home more now, to nest, cozy up with my honey, and just be. And for me, your classic Type-A run-by-my-calendar kinda gal, that kind of slowing down is sometimes difficult.

Trying to make sense of it all. Trying. Sometimes that's all you can do.

In Peace,
Rona

No comments: