Monday, January 16, 2006

Home/sick

Well, leave it to my high-fat and high-cholesterol diet of the last few days to put me where I've probably needed to be for the last few weeks: home/sick. I've been longing to have the time to just stay home, avoid the cold weather outside, and chill, and illness is always one way to do that.

I'm bummed though, that this means I won't see my good friend A. until Saturday, and that I won't be able to take my (nearly weekly) trip to H&M with H. and M. (really! those are my friends' initials!), but it's all good. I've been driving my body to its outer limits these last few weeks since New Year's Day, working intensely and at a hectic pace--although I did make my big grant deadline on Jan. 9th, which was pretty amazing, considering we only started working on that proposal less than a week before winter break.

Being home/sick, though, gives me a chance to catch up on a bit of blog-reading, novel-writing, and other bedridden activities. I'm reading parts of The Diary of Anais Nin (Vol. II), as well as Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises, both partially in preparation for my first-ever visit to Europe (including a stay in Paris, which I'm very excited about) that's coming up soon.

And, of course, there is rest. I will be a good girl and get some. Promise.

No comments: